Categories of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with keeping and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting supplier. There are different types of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's examine them. In that way, you can choose what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to launch a web page, emails, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a service provided by given firms, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file hosting packages are often supported by showing advertisements by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific spell of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely fallacious explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would distribute the workload between autonomous sets of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different website hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given providers offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting variant is appropriate if you wish to share a huge number of images with pals or associates since the solution is typically free of cost. You will get a random link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your email mailbox accounts. Some corporations offer webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email solution. If you would like to set up an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and a few hundred site viewers, you may have a hard time with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to possess as many video clips as you would like without bothering about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to own a site. To some degree, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and email addresses, upload videos, etc. At Heartland Web Hosting, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that enable you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are meant for particular content only.